Posted In: Business Development
Holiday Business Development Reminders
The holiday season is upon us yet again. It sure would be easier for many of us if the end of the year came along at some other time during the year, wouldn’t it? Instead, everything seems to get crammed into these four weeks or so resulting into what amounts to little more than a blur. Just about the time you have everything under control, a client calls with a great opportunity with the inevitable deadline that is impossible to meet.
I’ve spoken with many clients over the past few weeks and it seems as though they are busier than ever right now and to them (and now to you) I offer the following business development advice:
- The best time to develop business is when you’re busy
- The holidays give you a great, non-business reason for outreach to “stay top-of-mind with the people who matter”
- Don’t simply rely on your firm’s e-card to keep in touch with your valuable contacts
- If you send out holiday cards, be sure to write something personal in them
- Business development requires a little activity on a consistent or routine basis, rather than a splash of activity with a period of inactivity
- Leverage technology like LinkedIn to keep your name in front of your contact network
- Stay the course—don’t let the holidays distract you from achieving your BD goals
Finally, and most importantly…
Have fun. Be safe. Happy holidays to all and my very best wishes for a prosperous New Year!