Legal Pricing Roundtable
The goal of our Legal Pricing Roundtable is to bring together individuals responsible for pricing, to share ideas and experiences; participate in interactive presentations led by guest speakers; and to discuss the “best practices” that their firms are implementing. The Roundtable aims to develop leaders in this emerging market and to assist participants in delivering value to their firms. All discussions are confidential to the Roundtable members.
- Topics that have been suggested for upcoming meetings include:
- Identifying opportunities to improve pricing outcomes
- Which pricing initiatives are getting results
- Measuring the success of pricing programs
- Skills and capabilities needed to lead pricing initiatives within law firms
- The roles played by Pricing Directors in different firms
- The role of firm leaders, executive committee, practice group leaders and pricing committee
- Roles of partners in developing, negotiating and approving pricing arrangements
- What competencies do partners need in this area?
- Finding the balance of consistent pricing across the firm while enabling flexibility
- Tools firms are using to assist with pricing, costing and budgeting.
- The intersection/relationship with other firm roles – practice management, legal project management, business development, etc.
- Capturing a fair share of the value created
- Improving the quality of pricing conversations with clients
The Legal Pricing Roundtable members receive a host of benefits including:
- Opportunity to learn from and share with other senior professionals in similar roles.
- Small group format fosters candid discussions and networking.
- 20% discount on all open programs offered by LawVision (including single enrollments in the online LPM courses offered through West LegalEdcenter)
- 20% discount on Law Firm Partnership and Benefits Report (published by ALM).
- 10% discount for individual members at Hildebrandt Institute’s annual Law Firm Leaders Conference.
- Access to proprietary and relevant research.
All meetings will be designed to include facilitated conversations based on topics suggested by the members. The in-person meetings will include a professional development segment to be presented by a well-known authority on relevant topics for the members’ roles. Time will also be built in for roundtable sharing among members on issues identified to be of specific interest by the members.