Innovation and Value Leaders’ Roundtable
The Innovation and Value Leaders’ Roundtable is designed to provide an exclusive forum for the senior leaders of innovation and client value/service in major firms to assist each other via a peer network of trusted advisors and friends. The goal is to foster energetic, strategic and confidential discussions about innovation and value topics – the intent is to stretch intellectual thinking while offering concrete ideas on actions that can be taken today. There are many programs with speakers and large conferences, but this is designed to bring together the senior leaders of these functions in a smaller setting to share issues, ideas, approaches and challenges. Roundtable members meet twice a year and receive other important benefits described below.
Discussion topics are member-driven and selected, and have included issues such as:
- Innovation trends at large, research, and methodologies
- Legal innovation perspectives: practice, delivery, financial performance, structure, process, service, brand, client engagement
- Innovation measurement, tracking and ROI
- New product development techniques in professional services
- Managing risks, setting expectations, iterative learning loops, failing fast
- Managing client expectations for innovation and value approaches
- Innovation process: development methodologies and law firm adoption
- Innovation impact categorization: incremental versus disruptive
- New innovative practice areas for law firms
- Client service design strategies and innovation
- New law firm business models, structure and capital allocation models
- Innovation with data/data science, predictive analytics, machine learning
- Education and training for embracing change / accelerating change management
- Coaching and training for innovative thinking for lawyers and administrative professionals
- Advanced topics: data science, client service innovation (CX), new firm roles, law firm digitization
- Opportunity to network with innovation/value leaders from other major firms and legal departments
- Opportunity to invite one client per year to hear the discussions and participate
- Small group format enabling candid discussions
- 20% discount on all public programs/conferences offered by LawVision
- 10% discount for individual members at Thomson Reuter’s Legal Executive Institute’s Annual Law Firm Leaders Conference.
- Access to proprietary and relevant research.
All meetings will be designed to include facilitated conversations and roundtable discussions based on topics identified in pre-meeting interviews to be conducted by phone. The in-person meetings will include information on various topics of mutual interest identified by the members (e.g., an annual state of the industry, research findings, etc. to be presented by a well-known authority).