Boardrooms & Roundtables:
Practice Group Professionals Roundtable
Our Practice Group Professionals Roundtable is designed to provide individuals who work closely with department heads, practice group leaders and other law firm partners in practice management positions with a forum for energetic and strategic discussion. It is the only organization for the new and growing roles in practice management and business managers for law firm departments and practice groups. All discussions are confidential to the Roundtable members.
The goal of the Roundtable is to bring together individuals in similar roles to share ideas and experiences in their positions; participate in interactive presentations led by guest speakers; and, to discuss the “best practices” that their firms are implementing. Topics addressed during our meetings have included:
- Project management & process improvement.
- Alternative fees.
- Creating and implementing effective business plans.
- Enhancing lateral hire recruitment and retention – from techniques in due diligence to assessment tools for hiring to the integration processes.
- How to measure practice management success (use of metrics to benchmark performance in areas including profitability, client satisfaction, market share and more).
- The relationship between practice management and knowledge management and marketing.
- Techniques for improving client relationship management.
- The client’s perspective – the corporate law department’s view on using outside counsel.
- Understanding lawyer personality traits and their impact on practice group leadership.
- How to enhance your leadership effectiveness within your team of practice management professionals in your firm.
- Tools and templates used by firms for practice group management.
Members have the opportunity to come together and share with individuals in similar positions from other firms about what’s working and not working in practice group management, ranging from financial reports to business planning techniques, to workload management software. Between meetings, members communicate using our private LinkedIn page. Members also select the topics for guest speakers and content is tailored to the Practice Group Management Professionals’ needs. Further, members have the opportunity to gain insight from LawVision consultants who specialize in practice management and have experience with hundreds of firms on their practice management issues.
The Practice Management Professionals Roundtable members receive a host of benefits including:
- Opportunity to learn from and share with other professionals in similar roles.
- Opportunity to attend any of the three meetings each year.
- Small group format fosters candid discussions and networking.
- 20% discount on all open programs offered by LawVision.
- 20% discount on Law Firm Partnership and Benefits Report (published by ALM).
- 10% discount for individual members at Thomson Reuters/Hildebrandt Institute’s Annual Law Firm Leaders Conference.
- Access to proprietary and relevant research.
All meetings will be designed to include facilitated conversations based on topics suggested by the members. The in-person meetings will include a professional development segment to be presented by a well-known authority on relevant topics for the members’ roles. Time will also be built in for roundtable sharing among members on issues identified to be of specific interest by the members. The sessions will focus on topics of specific interest to the group. The schedule will run from noon one day through lunch the second day, enabling many people to fly in and out in two days.